Sunday, October 5, 2014

How Schools Kills Creativity

After watching the Ted Talks I finally realized how messed up our education system is. Rather than praising people for their skills and natural talents. We romanticize academic excellence as if it were the only thing that mattered.  As a result there are several students who don't think that they have anywhere to go in life because they don't perform as well in those areas as others do. In addition several forms of art such as dance, painting, theater, etc, aren't truly considered valuable career paths but mostly hobbies. People who do excel in those areas are then forced to undergo judgement for doing something that they enjoy. There are several things that I have wanted to do but I never got the chance to because I was constantly told that i had to focus on my "core" subjects.      

No comments:

Post a Comment